3.25.2008

Dating Advice for Boomer Women - Can You Help Me Get a Date with George Clooney?

By Ronnie Ann Ryan

One of my dearest clients has sent me numerous emails with this request - Can you get me a date with George Clooney? I hate to say no, but what's my choice really? I don't know the guy. I know WHO HE IS, but I don't KNOW him.

But what about that six degrees of separation thing that came up with that movie featuring many fine actors and Kevin Bacon in particular. In fact - didn't a game come out with that name - Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon? The idea is that you are just six people away from anyone you want to meet, if you utilize your network well. We all know approximately 250 people, so if you do the math, you can get connected to Kevin, or George in this case, with just six connections.

So where am I going with this? Well, this past weekend, a very wealthy woman took my class. In her 60's and still stunning, she wore a St. John's suit, her hair was perfectly coiffed, and she was decked out with great accent jewelry. (I always notice the jewels) Totally put together. Very Jackie O.

After class she approached me, waiting until everyone else had left to ask me how she could meet eligible men her age with "means" who were healthy, active and not looking for a "nurse and a purse." That gave me quite a laugh because I had never heard that expression - obviously I don't travel in the "right circles." Not that age bracket, not that bank account either - Boca Raton and the Hamptons.

Now let's think about that - she's asking me where the men of means are -but she's the one traveling in "those" circles. Or maybe not. What's amiss here is that she's not out there any more. As we get older, sometimes our circles get smaller. She admitted this was sadly true.

To combat the natural social attrition, you have to reach out and meet new people. I suggested that she play bridge, volunteer where other wealthy women do (museums, art galleries, politics?) and meet new girlfriends if nothing else. Go to polo matches, boat shows, or golf tournaments. Online, you might meet a wealthy man just as easy as a poor one on Match, SilverSingles or SeniorFriendfinder.

Rich or poor, the process is pretty much the same. As I wrote in a recent blog posting, a friend of mine went to a very upper crust socialite wedding of two wealthy people who met on - you got it - Match.com. Yes, it really happened!

So if you are looking for a person of means, you'll have to start traveling in those circles. Go to expensive restaurants and sit alone at the bar. Volunteer for socialite causes. Participate in political fund raisers. Go where they go and hang out. Meet their friends. Expand your world. That's true for whatever type of person you may want in any income bracket. The socializing price tag and addresses may be different, but the process is always the same.

Good luck out there!

To get f*r*e*e advice on 10 Reasons Why Women Should Never Pay on the First Date, visit http://www.NeverTooLate.biz Check out the book MANifesting Mr. Right: It's Never Too Late to Find the Love You Want by Dating Coach and expert Ronnie Ann Ryan at ManifestingMrRight And for a Delightful Dose of Dating Advice, read her blog

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Templates